- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, other than as necessary to fulfill your request to be contacted.
From time to time we may use your personal information that you have provided to us to provide you with:
- Updates about your information; and current information about our services, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new services being offered by us or any third party (Marketing Communications).
- By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis for these purposes, including by mail, email, SMS, social media and telephone.
- If you do not wish to receive Marketing Communications from us, you may at any time unsubscribe from receiving such information by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
We may use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, by using a cookie to identify you enables us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. You always have the option to set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address email@example.com:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Messy Design will provide access to personal information about an individual upon request by that individual (there are exceptions to granting access e.g. where access would be unlawful under the Privacy Act). If Messy Design denies access to an individual’s personal information, it will provide reasons in writing.
The Procedure for Gaining Access is as Follows:
An individual will need to make a request for access in writing, addressed to the Privacy Officer (see contact details below).
- An individual must provide sufficient details of the information requested
- Messy Design will need to verify the identity of that individual
- Messy Design may need to charge an administrative fee to cover the cost of access (however, there is no fee for lodging a request for access). Messy Design will notify the individual of the proposed fee before proceeding
- Messy Design will respond to a request as soon as reasonably practicable but by no later than 30 days of receipt of the request
- Messy Design will deliver the requested information by email
- Messy Design will take all reasonable measures to aim to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact the Privacy Officer if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up to date.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment, however, this security cannot be guaranteed. Our procedures are designed to prevent your personal information being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details below.
Notwithstanding the reasonable steps taken to keep information secure, breaches may occur. In the event of a security incident we have in place procedures to promptly investigate the incident and determine if there has been a data breach involving personal information, and if so, to assess if it is a breach that would require notification. If it is, we will notify affected parties in accordance with Privacy Act requirements.